Thursday, September 6, 2012

Passion Fruit Curd

I spotted some passion fruits last weekend on special offer and as per usual I couldn't resist a bargain. They are the kind of fruit that I am never sure what to do with, I have used them previously in smoothies and on top of pavlovas but I wanted to try something different this time. I love curd. I love it in tarts, on ice cream, on toast, in fact throw it on anything and I will eat it, so what better way to use up four neglected looking passion fruits in the bowl.

You will need;

125g butter
1/4 cup of caster sugar
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
4 passion fruit, entire contents
5 medium eggs

Melt the butter and sugar in a bowl that has been placed over some simmering water.
Lightly mix the eggs, lemon juice and the passion fruit and add to melted mixture.
Stir continuously over a low heat until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. This should take around fifteen minutes.
Set aside to cool before placing in sterilised jars.
So there you have it, sunshine on a day when the sun isn't necessarily shining!


No comments:

Post a Comment