Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lemon Posset Pots!

Summer has decided to eventually grace us with it's presence and with it the possibility of outdoor cooking and maybe even some dining al fresco. When I have people coming over I love to have the starters and desserts fully prepared so I don't miss out on any of the fun. This is a great prepare ahead dessert and has the perfect mix of sweet & tartness to keep everyone pleased. Provided they like lemons of course.

You will need;

600ml double cream
150g caster sugar
2 lemons, rind & juice

Bring the cream and sugar to the boil over a very low heat. Allow to boil for three minutes, then set aside to cool.

Once cooled whisk in the juice and zest of the lemons, pour into serving pots & chill for at least three hours.

I served these little pots with delicious lemon curd shortbreads. This recipe is originally from James Martin and you will find it here;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemonpossetwithlemon_85812

12 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and simple which is a win/win thanks for sharing the idea Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handy to have a few simple dishes up your sleeve! Thanks for the comment. :-)

      Delete
  2. Mental!!!! I just read that very recipe from James Martin. Thinking of making it for dessert tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! What if I only have pork instead of lemons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dessert, i love James Martin, I love Paulaannryan.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you posted this need for my repertoire . Lemon= sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been meaning to try lemon possets for ages, I have glass Glenillen yogurt pots saved especially for them too! Looks like such a simple recipe. Definitely agree it's great to have as much as possible prepared in advance of having guests over. I have an open plan kitchen and hate when everyone is looking at me cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So quick to make as well Adrienne which I love!!

      Delete
  7. Sounds lish Paula

    ReplyDelete