Tuesday, April 24, 2012

S'mores Brownies!

When it comes to baking I am very impatient. I never leave anything to cool for as long as I should, never allow melted chocolate to sit and cool before adding cream, am always impatient to ice or decorate whatever I have baked but this recipe I urge you to allow to cool fully before attempting to slice up! Being my usual impatient self I couldn't wait and my kitchen looked like it had gone to war with Dr Oetker himself!! S'mores brownies are a big hit over on pinterest so I couldn't wait to try my own version of them. However I need to practice them to make them look as perfect as ones I have admired!!!

You will need;

200g digestive biscuits, in crumbs
100g butter, melted
175g sugar
175g soft butter
150g self raising flour
125g drinking chocolate
4 eggs
100g dark chocolate, in pieces
200g mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a brownie tin.
Add the melted butter to the crumbed biscuits and press into the bottom of the tin. Refrigerate.
Mix the flour, sugar, butter, hot chocolate and eggs together until a runny mixture is formed.
Add the chopped chocolate and combine.
Pour on top of chilled biscuit base and place in oven for approximately 45 mins or until brownies have just a slight wobble in the middle.
Remove from oven and place a layer of marshmallows on top. I cut each mini marshmallow in half to allow full coverage of the brownie.
Place under the grill and watch very carefully! Wait until very slightly browned then remove immediately!!
At this point you should allow to fully cool, then refrigerate before cutting up into 16 bars! I however attempted to slice them up there and then, this involved several knives, a spatula, a cake server, a breadboard, several plates, a restless 4 year old, a medicinal brandy, two tea towels, a dish cloth and twenty sticky fingers. Am slightly exaggerating here but you get the picture, DO NOT SLICE UP STRAIGHT FROM OVEN!!

I am going to attempt them again soon if only to try and get a perfect shot of a couple of them instead of just this lonely little one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment