Monday, February 20, 2012

Eggs, eggs and more eggs....

When I renamed my blog I really should have included the word "eggs" somewhere in the title as I am obsessed with them. After spotting a picture on instagram this morning I knew instantly what I was having for lunch. I spent a few hours at toddler group with my gorgeous daughter but all the time these eggs were on my mind, lunchtime couldn't come fast enough! There are hundreds of different recipes that you can use but nearly easier to play it by ear and use whatever you have in your fridge/pantry. I have always wanted to use that word in a blog, I don't have a pantry, it's merely a cupboard.

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 red pepper
Tin of chopped tomatoes
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 red chilli
1 tsp dried basil
1 fat clove of garlic
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Put a glug of oil into a small frying pan
Add minced garlic, sliced chilli and chopped pepper to soften
Add in tin of tomatoes and bring to a strong simmer, season well and add in cherry tomatoes and basil, simmer gently for 5 minutes
Make two indentations with the back of a spoon and crack the eggs in
Cover with a lid and steam gently until eggs are cooked

I had mine with some toasted brown soda bread and lettuce. Full of nutrients and a great filling lunch. Almost a little too healthy, where's me cake....:-)



2 comments:

  1. Paula,

    I have a similar thing I do with eggs... topped with some cheese.

    Anyway at all it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can imagine, hardly a day goes by here at Hunters Lodge without eggs being included in some meal! That looks really delicious Paula :)

    ReplyDelete