Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crunchy Asparagus

I love browsing through pinterest. A few quiet moments in the house and I will be found sitting at the table with my phone in my hand smiling. Beautiful pictures of heavenly flowers, fabulous dresses, dream kitchens, exotic gardens and plate upon plate of the most exquisite looking food. I happened upon a picture of the most delicious looking asparagus I have ever seen and I knew I had to try and replicate it. I made it as one of the sides for my last dinner party and it was a huge hit so I knew it was a dish that would be made again and again!

Ingredients

Bunch of asparagus tips
1 large egg, beaten
100g panko crumbs
50g flour
25g ground almonds
25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 200 degree
Combine the panko crumbs and ground almonds together
Coat the asparagus in a dusting of flour
Dip floured asparagus spears in the beaten egg and drain
Dip each spear in the panko and almond crumb
Place on a baking sheet
Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden
Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over and put back in oven until melted
Try and spare enough to bring to the kitchen table.....

I had some for lunch with a softly boiled egg. Absolutely perfect combination of the runny yolk and the crunchy crumb. Delicious! Plain asparagus just won't cut the mustard in this house any longer!




No comments:

Post a Comment