Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Simplest Apple Tart Ever; Thanks to @paulflynnchef Irish Food!

RTE are really spoiling us these days with fabulous cooking shows featuring Neven Maguire, Donal Skehan and now Paul Flynn.  Its great that from such a small country we have such fabulous shows to watch and mouthwatering recipes to attempt!  Last nights episode of Paul Flynns show was fabulous, featuring apples and potatoes.  I loved the recipes as each one featured did not have fancy ingredients that I would have to travel to find.  I am really looking forward to trying the chorizo and sweet potatoe dish as they are flavours which my children and I all love.  The recipe for the apple tarts really caught my eye as I had a sheet of puff pastry in the freezer crying out to be used, apples in the fruit bowl, butter in the fridge and icing sugar in my baking box! Four simple ingredients and one minute to assemble! My kind of dish!

Ingredients

  • 1 sheet of puff pastry defrosted
  • 1 apple
  • Icing sugar
  • Butter for greasing
Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
Grease baking tray with butter.
Cut sheet of puff pastry in half and prick with a fork leaving a border.
Half apple and take core out and slice finely.
Spread apple out on sheet of pastry and smother in icing sugar.
Place in oven until caramelised! Mine took around 15 mins.
Serve with delicious ice cream, cream, custard or whatever takes your fancy!







Well for very little effort these little tarts tasted fantastic!! Nice thin layer of caramelised icing sugar gave a lovely sweet snap to the apples!! Highly recommend giving these a go.  Looking forward to next weeks show!

No comments:

Post a Comment